This project included office build-outs of 107,085 square feet on three floors of one of New York’s most visible addresses. Collaborating with the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey posed unusual approval challenges, with many site meetings, inspections, and punch list walkthroughs during every phase of construction.
There were major changes to the design during construction, which challenged both the budget and the deadline. A shortage of approved vendors meant fewer potential bidders, fewer budgetary checks, and additional budget pressure.
- Approvals and collaboration with Port Authority
- Major design changes after construction began
- Shortage of approved vendors
- Coordinated operations with government agencies throughout the project’s design, construction, closeout, and occupancy phases
- Managed efforts to add construction managers and consultants to the approved vendor list to increase the number of potential vendors and the resulting bidding checks and balances
This ongoing project is on time and within budget.