This multi-faceted project included the conversion of the existing roof to an eating and drinking rooftop lounge, as well as renovation of the cellar and first floor to include a new lobby, a café, and two restaurants. Hotel operations had to continue with minimal disruption while construction was taking place.
Ceiling heights were maxed out with existing piping and wiring, and the scope and design changed weekly, and sometimes daily.
- Working in an active hotel
- Tight spaces with minimal ceiling space
- Unforeseen conditions within walls, ceilings and the slab
- Used close relationships with municipal agencies and commissioners to expedite filings and sign-offs
- Managed relationship with design team to coordinate drawings, on-site meetings, and other elements
- Coordinated hotel and construction schedules and activities to minimize disruption
The schedule and budget were maintained.